Ep. 209 Why Name Your Characters?
Stories can greatly enhance any presentation but they can be confusing if characters aren’t clearly identified. In today’s discussion, Darren and Mark explore the value of naming characters and they offer ideas for making your characters unforgettable.
- Name every character for clarity
- Allow the audience to see the characters
- Avoid giving two characters similar names (Jane, Jean, Joan)
- Give a physical and characteristic and a personal trait
- Amalgamate characters for simplicity
- Tell the emotional truth
- Use adjective names to describe characters (Patty Party Pooper)
- In conversation, let the characters address each other by name
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking