Ep. 203 – Your Audience Helps You Write Your Speech?
Believe it or not, your audience can be an ally who helps you to hone your content and make your presentation even better. Mark and Darren explain how being attentive to your audience can make you unforgettable.
- Have a pre-event conversation with meeting planner and client
- Listen for client stories that you can use to customize your presentation
- Ask about the client’s challenges and concerns
- Listen between the lines (oohs and aahs); reactions reveal what resonates
- Observe between the lines (nods, notes etc.); confirm that content connects
- Record post-event conversations…with permission.
- Sift through audience comments and use what will help improve your talk
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking