Ep. 195 What’s Your One Thing?
As presenters we are often tempted to teach our audience everything we know. Mark and Darren drill down on the importance of, and methods for giving each audience one clear idea in every presentation.
- Be completely clear on one specific idea
- Don’t depend on implication; rely on declaration
- Bring up your point; hold up your point
- Give your audience and idea, principle, technique, habit, tip or action item
- Use specific language like, “If you only absorb ONE IDEA, it’s this:”
- Your ‘one thing’ must be easy to remember
- Your ‘one thing’ must be immediately applicable
- State your ‘one thing’ early in your presentation and repeat it at the end
- Test your ‘one thing’ and get your audience’s response
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking