Ep. 194 – Are You A Selfish Presenter?
The term ‘Selfish Presenter’ may seem harsh, but today Mark and Darren talk about one way we deny our audiences the full experience of our presentations. We give great value when we use the spaces between our words wisely.
- Give your audience time to process your questions
- Without reflection there is no connection
- Place wisdom on the ‘Pause Pedestal’ and ‘put some air around it’
- Pause in HEARTBEATS, not SECONDS
- Your audience needs space to absorb you points
- Use the pause to acknowledge the audience or affirm eye contact
- Don’t step on your audience’s thoughts
- The most important part of the presentation is the thought process in the audience’s mind
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking