Ep. 189 – Is Your Character Transformation Clear?
A key element in a story is the hero’s journey, and it must end in transformation. There are ways to make the transformation clear, and meaningful, to your audience. Darren and Mark talk about that transformation and offer simple but practical techniques for doing so.
- If there is no transformation, there is no story
- Establish an emotional connection between the hero and your audience
- RELATABLE – Your audience should relate to the hero’s struggle
- DESIRABLE – Your audience should want the hero’s transformation
- Include the right details and paint the right picture of the hero’s ‘THEN
- Let the audience witness the change and see the hero’s ‘NOW’
- Show a vivid contrast between the ‘THEN’ and the ‘NOW’
- Let another character see and acknowledge the transformation
- Revisit your story and make your character transformation clear
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking