Ep. 187 – Are You Speaking In 3-D?
“Don’t give a speech; deliver an EXPERIENCE!” is an exhortation that co-host Mark offers frequently. Today he and Darren dive into the ‘3-D’ technique they used with a recent coaching client. They discuss how this technique will help you to authentically recreate and relive the scenes in your stories, elevate your audience’s experience, and make your story unforgettable.
- Go beyond stage-ology
- Recreate and re-live your stories
- Anchor scene locations in your speaking area
- Anchor points of wisdom to specific locations in your speaking area
- Use post-its to represent and rehearse specific locations in a scene
- Use stage depth for realistic distances in scenes
- Use angles to correctly depict the location of objects and characters
- Realistically show character height differences when standing, sitting etc.
- Visit speaking location beforehand and map out post-it locations
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking