Ep. 152– Moderate This!
You’ve been tasked with moderating a panel discussion. Where do you start? What do you do? Mark and Darren offer SIX suggestions that will help you to create an unforgettable experience for your panelists, and your audience.
- Write your own introduction to give you credibility
- Contact panelists by phone or in person, not by text or e-mail
- Prepare questions for each panelist in advance
- Set panelist expectations well before the event
- Set up each panelist’s credibility, but don’t just read their resume
- Encourage panelists to share different perspectives
- Control the flow of the event, giving equal time to all panelists
- Govern Q&A wisely
- Ask panelists to prepare brief opening and closing remarks
- MAKE IT FUN
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking