Ep. 121 Build A Better Bridge
A strong audience connection is one of the keys to being unforgettable. How can you establish that connection, even BEFORE you take the platform? Today Darren and Mark expound on three ways to BUILD A BETTER BRIDGE to your audience, forge relationships, and create allies in the process.
- Interview a few key individuals ahead of time, and ask the right questions
- Get stories about ‘front line’ attendees and elevate them in your presentation
- Use Google’s NEWS tab to get an organization’s latest information
- Arrive at events up to a day early, shake hands, have conversations
- Be INTERESTED…not INTERESTING. What excites or upsets THEM?
- Prepare a ‘set list’ of conversation questions and topics
- Make attendees your co-builders as you build your bigger bridge.
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking
Regarding ‘before rapport’.
‘In Search of Excellence author Tom Peters would arrive the day before, the before his presentation
to make sure he connected with the audience and that everything ran smoothly.