Ep. 116 Finding The Punch Lines In Your Pain With Stephanie McHugh
What’s a great career move when your children grow up and move out? Leave your corporate career and become a stand-up comedian! Stephanie McHugh explains her choice to Mark and Darren, and shares the lessons she learned about uncovering the humor in our painful experiences. Stephanie clarifies how the most sensitive situations can hold the seeds of humor…if we look for them. When we find the punch lines in our pain, our stories and our presentations can be unforgettable.
- If humor didn’t quite work, don’t abandon it, amend it
- Finding humor in pain is like finding the right pieces to a puzzle
- Look for humor in EVERY situation…especially the painful ones
- Test every bit of humor three times
- Pain and humor are universal
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking