If you have said yes to God’s offer of relationship with Him through faith in Jesus, these are some of the things that are true about you:
- I am made new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I am God’s child. (John 1:12)
- I am Jesus’ friend. (John 15:15)
- I am chosen by God. (1 Peter 2:9)
- I belong to God. (1 Corinthians 6:20)
- I have been brought near to God. (Ephesians 2:13)
- I have been forgiven of all my sins. (Colossians 1:14)
- I am complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10)
- I am accepted by Jesus. (Romans 15:7)
- I have been bought with a price. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- I am free from condemnation. (Romans 8:1-2)
- I am at peace with God. (Romans 5:1)
- I have been made alive. (Ephesians 2:5)
- I am assured that all things work together for good. (Romans 8:28)
- I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18)
- I cannot be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35-39)
- I am God’s temple. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
- I have been appointed to bear fruit. (John 15:16)
- I know that God is for me. (Romans 8:31)
- I am hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)
- I have been set free from sin’s control over me. (Romans 6:6-7)
- I can find grace and mercy in my time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)
- I am a citizen of Heaven. (Philippians 3:20)
- I am God’s workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10)
- I am more than a conqueror. (Romans 8:37)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
Remember: What you do is determined by what you think of yourself.
These descriptions are the truth about you and should be what you think of yourself. You may have always believed lies because you were told by people you viewed as credible.
But God is the most credible source, and this list is what God says about you.
As you read through the list, some of it may be difficult for you to believe. They may be things you want to believe about yourself but can’t quite yet. It’s easier to keep believing the lies. But we want to — and through God’s power, we can — break free from the lies that have been holding us back and instead let God tattoo us with our true identity. It can happen for you. Ask God to help you!
You are the one Jesus loves.
I listen at night and first thing in the AM. I also read them out loud. Hope it helps you.
(Reminder, this is just a journal of my mistakes, experiences, and thoughts along with my journey to having a closer relationship with God. I do not claim to be an authority on the subject. If you want to know The Way, read The Bible.)
What church do I attend? Verve Church in Las Vegas
P.S. Thank you, especially for grace.
Want to see more God Blog posts?: