Ep. 153 – How To Be An Unforgettable Panelist
Your expertise can earn you a seat on the platform as a panelist. Today Darren and Mark and Darren unpack the DOs and DON’Ts of serving as a panelist and examine some critical pre-event responsibilities which, when followed, will help you to be an unforgettable panelist.
- Ask organizers about the objective and intent of the panel
- Speak with the moderator in advance by phone or in person
- Ask the moderator how you can best serve them, and the audience
- Check your ego at the door; you are one of many experts on the panel
- Be open to differing perspectives offered by the other panelists
- If some disagree with you, don’t get huffy or make unkind faces
- Honor time limits set by the moderator; it shows respect to all
- You can’t possibly share all you know on your subject. Be succinct.
- Answer questions in sound bites. Moderators will allow 1-2 minutes
- HAVE FUN
Want to Learn More about Public Speaking
Thank you so much, Darren and Mark! You two are unforgettable indeed. <3