If you’ve heard me speak before, you know I’m a fan of being careful about who influences you. When you listen to your favorite music over and over again, it gets into your subconscious and affects your habits, actions, and mood.
Every morning after I do my daily reading, I listen to a “start my day” playlist. Do you? If so, when was the last time you updated your play list? A few years ago most of my music was high energy pop music. Now it is filled with songs of worship.
Here is my new list:
• “Fix My Eyes” by For King & Country
• “I Am” by Crowder
• “The Motions” by Matthew West
• “The Proof of Your Love” by For King & Country
• “Live Like That” by Sidewalk Profits
• “Your Love Never Fails” by Jesus Culture
• “Beautiful Things” by Gungor
I shared my list with my friend, Vickie, and she now plays these songs for her kids as they drive to school. It was cool to hear that they now know the words and are singing these songs and asking questions about the lyrics. Good influence flushes out bad influence. What fills you up? Please post to share your favorites.
Thank you, God, for truth, love, laughter, and music!